CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 16, 2009

God Knocked Us Down, So He Can Bring Us Back Up...

What a crazy couple of weeks it has been. My twin sister was diagnosed with Leukemia two weeks ago. It has been a whirlwind of a time for our family. She has already started treatment, and is on her way to recovery. I will say, I have never learned so much in such a short period of time. There is nothing more humbling, then being at the complete mercy of His plan. And that is just what we are, at His complete mercy. My family has really been thrown back into our faith, and it is being tested more than ever right now. I have been spiritual for a long time, but for my family, I feel like this has all been a big test. I have always been a beleiver in 'things happen for a reason', and I think God really felt he needed to get us to 'rock bottom' so we could rely on him and find comfort in eachother. Our family unit is so amazingly strong, and we have grown a ton. It is amazing to see all of the support that we did'nt even know was around. The amount of prayer that our family has received in this last few weeks is absolutely amazing. We have been so blessed, so so blessed with love and prayer from people. Some we didnt even know before all of this started. I am continually amazed by my sister. I really don't know where her strength comes from. I ironically had a conversation about three weeks ago with someone about God forbid I ever went through something like this, how I would be such a mess. I really don't think I could handle it. Ash has taken everything that comes her way with a smile. It is truly inspiring. I am so amazed by her will to get better and beat this Leukemia and I know she will be okay. I need her to be okay. I love her so much, and I have never appreciated having a twin quite like I have throughout this process. Ash started chemo last Tuesday and is on her way be being back to her old self. It is going to be a long journey, but I know we have God on our side.

1 comments:

AmberDenae said...

You've been in my prayers and still are. I am so glad that you can are able to lean on God through all of this, though it's so difficult. Draw your strength from him.

xoxo