CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Donate Bone Marrow...Check! All Done!

This is my beautiful twin sis, if you can't tell~ So yesterday was the big day! My part of the bone marrow collection process is complete! Now all that's left is for Ash to get my stem cells in July, and ideally, that will be her cure. I'm so excited! I finished my four day of shots and achy bones, and finally had the five hour collection process yesterday! All in all, not so bad! In fact, I'm a little embarrassed that I was so nervous. The 'metal rod' I was under the impression they were inserting into my arm...really turned out to be large metal needle, but def. not a rod. I'm still not aware of the point of the lidocane, bc you can def. feel all the needles after that point, but still not so bad. Other than some minor tingling bc of a lack of Calcium, all went smoothly! I spent the rest of yesterday sleeping, and I'm feeling pretty good today. Thank you so much for all the prayers, and if you want to keep updated with her progress you can @ this website!:
caringbridge.com/visit/ashleyhenley

Thanks loves,
a

1 comments:

Robert said...

Cool Post, sorry I've been so busy that I hadn't updated my blog or been able to check on yours. Either way, check my blog out to see what I've been up too!

God bless you!