CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Week Of Revelations...

Wow. Last Semester is just that...last semester. Not without a few recent bumps. I am in the midst of a small battle, but hopefully that will be said and done tomorrow. I can't wait to just breathe.
-I called my Dad yesterday. Randomly. It's so funny to me to see the growing that is happening within myself. This time 5 years ago, I was still a wreck with how I felt about him, about our relationship, his abilities as a father, heck...even just his abilities as a person. My whole view of him all came to a head at a defining point in my life, and I honestly didn't know how I wanted our relationship to be...or if I even wanted one. If you are confused, you can brush up on all that is my life with this past post! So I called him. We've talked briefly off and on these past few months with all that is going on with Ash. He himself is going through a hard time with his wife. Through out our 10 minute conversation, I felt so bad for him. He desperately needs a hug, a friend. And then it just hit me. A daughter. He needs a daughter who can listen, and be all those things. He has hardly been a father to me in my 22 years, but I know he loves me, and he did give me five amazing years as a little girl, because I remember them. As I sat there listening to the uncertainty in his voice, I just felt this overwhelming need to say "Its going to be alright, and I love you." The last thing he needs is to feel guilt about our relationship. I'm okay. I wouldn't have my life any other way. My Step-Father is the most amazing man ever! So with that, I've decided if calling him once a week will brighten his days even slightly, than that's what I will do. Even if we have awkward conversation about doing the dishes and what is going on in Good ol' California..
-I bought the most amazing book last night. I literally have read two pages. This book is after my own heart, and I feel like if I would ever take the time to write the novel that is inside of me...this would be it! That being said, I think I am going to start writing said novel. I mean, I realize no one cares, but it will be for me. And I'll think it is witty and fun, and that will be fine:)
-I get paid tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I worked 90hrs @ job number 1 this week. I'm exhausted. EXXXHHHAAAUUSSTED.
On that note, I feel like I could be more exhausted, and so begins the 'Extreme Summer, I'm in a wedding in a month, It is time, ....WORKOUT!' .yeah. ugh. First of all, I would be more excited about this if I had a fun work out partner, and maybe a fun work out trainer! I get bored, and I need structure. That I'm going to work on...
-So I start all my Bone Marrow Stuff on Thursday~! I have shots of nupogen on Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun! Basically they are going to make me way overly produce my bone marrow, so much so that it pushes out of my bones and into my blood stream. Then Monday, I go in for collection....for six hours. Hooked up to machines for six hours. The nurses did make sure to tell me that they use a lot of lidocane for the process! Yikes! Be praying for that! I'm no nurse, and I'm postive I spelt all these drugs wrong, but I think that equates to a level of pain I cannot handle on my own! I'm okay with it. I know it will be fine, and the rewards are going to far surpass any amount of pain for sure.
Thanks Loves,
xoxo a
-

1 comments:

AmberDenae said...

You're such a sweet girl and your dad is blessed to have you as a daughter. So sweet of you to call him every week. I'm sure it means more to him than you'll ever know!

I am going to go and buy that book now!

I definitely want a copy of your novel!!!

I hope everything goes well on Thursday! Keep us updated, please. Praying for you!