CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Beautiful~

I love love love this! I had a retreat with my sorority a few weeks ago, and my friend Lynnsey wrote this during our quiet time, and then took this beautiful picture! Her words are so innocent and true. It's funny how we are made to look at failure as if it is a bad thing. I know for me, some of the most valuable lessons have been learned at my most vulnerable moments. I've really been thinking about this whole study abroad thing a lot...just whether or not it is for me, and how I can make my parents understand the way I am thinking. It's been weighing kind of heavy on my heart the last few days. The other night on my way back to my car I just got to thinking about how sometimes we find ourselves in certain situations, and we don't really understand why. I always find myself saying "Why is this happening to me, and why right now?! " Most of the time it is because I don't like what is happening. As I was pondering this and thinking about all that I have learned in those situations, I randomly stumbled on a christian group worshiping in the amphitheater on campus. Jimmy (whom I've met on a few occasions) was singing the most beautiful song about giving it all to him, and how our purpose is not our own. All of these events could not have played out at a better moment. I literally just had to stop and listen to the rest of their praise and worship service. I immediately felt a sense of peace about all that I have been thinking about lately. I just do not have the means to go to South Africa right now, anywhere for that matter, and if God truly needs me there, then it will happen...whether it is this year or next.



My Grandma. She is the most amazing person ever! My grandfather past away a year ago in May. I've been trying to make a point to visit my grandmother more, as I know she is lonely. She asked me to drive her to her Historical Commission meeting tonight so that she could stay longer. I have to be honest and say that initially I didn't want to go. That is so so terrible. I just found myself stressing about the three tests I have next week(lol as I sit her and blog, instead of studying). As soon as we got to her meeting, I remembered why I can afford to put my stress aside from time to time. She just had the best time ever! I don't think there was anyone there under the age of 70, besides me...and they were all so welcoming and cute! My grandmother had the best time ever, and it just made me realize that I need to be more understanding and compassionate with her. She would do anything for me, it really was the smallest bit to give something back to her, but still I know she appreciated it..

And, last but most def. not least....GREY'S started tonight! Yea! I haven't watched it yet, but I am still so so so excited! What What!

Okay, so finally! I was reading my friend Amber's blog this morning, and she was blogging about something that is effecting everyone right now...OUR FAILING ECONOMY! It really is scary! I work at a title company part time while I am in school, and we are hurting so bad! Obviously if people aren't buying homes, then we have no one to work title up for! Now I have two jobs, so for me it isn't a total loss if things don't work out, but still scary for those who rely on this job as means of an income!


-xoxo a

1 comments:

AmberDenae said...

God will give you the deisres of your heart and most of the time His timing is completely different than ours...isn't that the truth! Haha. I think it's awesome that you want to go to Africa and I believe you will :)

How sweet that you did that for your grandma, I'm sure it meant the world to her! I wish my grandma was still alive and I could just spend one last time doing something like that with her. She lived in WV and so when we moved to FL we didn't see her as much. I often feel guilty when I think back because when we would go visit we always wanted to do stuff with our cousins and friends that we neglected to spend a lot of time with just her. I mean we did spend time with her, but not enough. When I was little she was like my idol- I thought she made the world turn, her and my grandpa. They were the most giving people with the biggest hearts ever. They both died pennyless but so fulfilled because they had lived life to the fullest and gave everything they had to missions and people who were less fortunate. I loved my grandma and I'm sorry I'm a little jealous of you that you get to spend time with yours :) Treasure every moment, they have so much wisdom and advice to offer and great stories as well!!

I find myself talking with our elderly customers all the time! All I have to do is say "How are you doing today?" with a smile and they give me their whole life story and show me pictures of their grandkids....it is so cute and totally makes my day! Old people rock! haha

Regarding the economy, yes very very scary!!! I hope your job is secure and that soemthing happens soon to fix this nasty mess we're in!!

Gosh, sorry i just wrote a book. I just tend to ramble a lot! haha

Have a beautiful day!!

xoxo