CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Piano's, Babies and Barbies...

What a weekend! I have found lately that I am living for the weekends, which isn't really a bad thing I guess...So here's a bit of random information I learned this weekend courtesy of my mom. When I write, I use ... ALL the time, mainly because I am constantly thinking about a million different things, and well... allows me to talk about one and then move on to the next! So it actually has a real name! It's called an ellipsis, and to correctly use it, you are supposed to put a space in between each . . . So with that I will continue this random blog, but interesting nonetheless! I love my Mom, she is so awesome! She turned 42 on Sunday, and she doesn't look a day past 25! Seriously! I started out the weekend a little early on Thursday night:) My best friend Elysia is in town because she was evacuated from Houston last week. We went to this little place downtown called Pete's Dueling Piano Bar. I have heard of it, but never been! Why Not?! I have no idea! So much fun! Basically there is a stage with two grand piano's, you write whatever songs you want on napkins and take them up to the piano on your side of the bar, and they play your song! You have to sing along if you don't want to be embarrassed and if they think your request is silly then they light heartedly make fun of you, along with the rest of the bar! Really a lot of fun! Definitely more of a "Girls Night Out", our friend Clint didn't seem too amused by all of the singing, especially not the idea of singing along:) All in all a good time. So I spent all day at work on Saturday. We got this new clock in machine, get this...that uses FINGERPRINTS! We are crazy sophisticated at old OCK now:) For those of you blogging friends that don't know, I work at a dog kennel on the weekends. This to me is just a little on the crazy side. I mean I don't even have to clock in period at the law office I work at during the week. I just write down my time there! It's a little funny, but kind of cool too! I have to say I felt a little important when I clocked out:) I got to babysit on Saturday night, and if you don't already know I LOVE babies! I had never babysat for this particular couple before, and when I arrived, I was greeted by an adorable three year old with curly red hair, and an 8 month old nicknamed "Happy". It was going to be a great night! It was fun! I'm all for playing, and if I wasn't 22 years old, I would probably still have barbies in my room.  And can I just say she had some fun ones!  Barbies have really come a long way since I had them.  Too much fun!  I have to say, feeding the 8 month old was entertainment in itself. It's been awhile since I've watched such a little one, and my skills were a little rusty:) After splattering her Gerber Squash on my face, while trying to get it open, I spilt most of it on her high chair when I tripped over my own shoe:) If you have never held an 8 month old, they still do not have a lot of control over the movement of their bodies. She would get so excited when she saw the spoon full of food, that she would literally fall right into it! She was too cute, and after grabbing the spoon and launching food across the kitchen, I did manage to feed her.:) The three year old was full of energy, and all she wanted to do was play all night! She insisted on going outside and pushing rocks on the swing, and then squirting me with a water gun...she smuggled it in the house too, and proceeded to squirt Bailey the St. Bernard as well. Bailey was not overly amused and just kept walking to new rooms of the house to get away. I got to go to church on Sunday with my family, which was nice. I don't get to go as often as I like because of work, and I really do enjoy going, so that was good. We just got a new priest a few weeks ago, and I really think he is going to be amazing for our congregation. He genuinely wants everyone to be involved, and that is exactly what our church needs. It has been a rough few years, and things are looking up. I spent the rest of Sunday at the salon my sister works at. They just built a beautiful new salon that needed setting up! We actually had a lot of fun. I haven't spent time with just my sister in awhile, usually we are with other friends, and so that was nice. We ended the night at my favorite restaurant in the world Trudy's, for a little birthday celebration for my Mom. She got carded at dinner, so I think she enjoyed herself:)

1 comments:

AmberDenae said...

Wow, sounds like you had a very eventful weekend! I live for the weekends as well, oh girl do I!!

My mom turned 41 on Saturday!! It's starting to freak me out how much we have in common! She too does not look a day past 25 and everyone always thinks she is my sister...it's so funny!

That piano bar sounds like a blast! I play piano and anything to do with a piano, especially a "grand" piano instantly captures my attention.

Babysitting sounds like it was fun! Haha. I was a nanny for 2 little boys and it was SO MUCH FUN! I too adore babies and always used to say by 22 I would be amrried with one! Haha...riiiiiiight! I gotta get the married part down first which is not looking too promising. haha

Have a fantastic day!! xoxo