CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Who Knew...

So I have been housesitting in Austin this week, and I have been learning some valuable lessons:
1. I could not live by myself! I totally thought I was one of those people who would enjoy living on my own...far from the truth! It is so lonely, and well I do not enjoy lonely!
2. What is the point of the fridge of drinks in the garage?! "I want a Diet Coke, but the fridge in the house...a little too easy". Now maybe I have this all wrong, but why make the trip farther and more inconvenient? It's not like there isnt plenty of room in the fridge that is IN the house...just a thought.
3. I need a large dog and a cute neighborhood to walk around. I would be way skinnier if I had a cute neighborhood to walk in that didnt have a ton of crazy college driver's racing down it! And though I realize I could walk with a small dog, I think a large one will ward off more crazies than say a yorkie:)
4. On that note, St. Bernard's might be the laziest dogs ever!
5. Is it weird to want to offer babysitting services to every cute kids parents I see while walking through the cute neighborhood? I hope not....:/ I'm not shy about networking...haha
6. Always bring your own pillow when staying away from home. It must be written somewhere that guests are supposed to like fluffy, tall, thick pillows...not I! Give me the flat, squishy ones please!
7. DVR, I need it! Thought I missed Grey's, oh, but no worries, you can rewind! Way too much fun! And can we just talk about the cute grandpa for a second! Tear...well like thirty, because I'm pretty sure I was crying forever!
8. If you own karaoke microphones and a plethora of karaoking cd's...you should probably just have those out waiting for me! This will save me the trouble of stumbling onto them while looking for the remote. Not to mention the three days I have already been here with nothing to do. Thanks.
9. Note to self: Don't have a sloping driveway later in life. It's the hot ticket in town for scooter riders. Who cares if they dont live here, sloping driveways...free reign! (Cute kid two doors down, you and your super-man scooter, you are ok)
10. And finally, staying in Austin, while life revoloves around San Marcos...not great for the gas tank...but I will say, shopping...way more fun in Austin....also not great for the bank account!
More lessons to come I'm sure...
xoxo a

1 comments:

AmberDenae said...

haha, you are so funny. Love this post!