CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Beautiful Orphans...God, and FUN! My weekend in a nutshell!

So I def. got to go to the most amazing thing ever this weekend! Well aside from the fact that I am slightly obsessed with Africa, I knew as soon as I heard their little voices, I was in love. I got to go see the African Children's Choir perform in San Marcos and omg I loved them! They are a group of Ugandan orphans that travel around the world sharing their stories! So so amazing! The cool thing is, that they aren't up for adoption. The whole point of the choir is to raise money so that these children can be reared in native villages and brought up around their African culture. Just a really cool concept that I am so glad I got to be a part of. Here are some terrible quality videos that really don't do justice, but I will share anyway...all you really need to hear is their beautiful voices, and that's it!


So my sorority had our full retreat this weekend...good times. We laughed a lot, and ate good food...always a good combination I think. Anyway, then I topped off the evening by going to Austin Stone with most of my favs! Jordan, Ash, Christina, Sunny, Boyfriend(not my own, Sunny is just funny and refers to hers quite literally),Good times! I just love love love this church! It is pretty much the most amazing thing ever! I love that I am excited about church again! They always say that you need to be spiritually fed, and that bible studies and prayer is just not enough. And now, I could not agree more! I really haven't gone to church in a long time, 1. because I just don't have a passion for my regular church anymore. It is extremely traditional, and everything and everyone I once loved about that church just isn't there anymore. 2. My schedule sucks! That is a terrible reason not to go to church, which is why I love Austin Stone! They give you every opportunity for that not to be a reason you don't go! I leave just feeling good, which I don't think is ever a bad thing! The sermons are amazingly informative, and I really am getting so so much out of every Sunday I attend! It's way cool. We went to Trudy's for dinner afterwards, which is always fun! Probably my favorite restaurant at the moment, and I really don't want to say how many times I have been in the past month...bc that would just be embarrassing for myself. School is back in full swing, and I feel like I might be getting to a place where I could become overwhelmed.:) I just have a lot to do in these classes, so staying on top of things is going to be key for me! I will say though, I have already done some extra credit, so yeah! Way to start right!?:) I think it will be a good semester anyhow, and I feel like I can make A's in all of my classes as long as I keep with it. A's make my parents happy, and I don't feel like a loser, so I think that is the plan I will go with.
So my friends and I were having an interesting conversation at dinner last night. We were talking about being mature for our age. My sister Ash seems to think it is weird to think that I am mature for my age. I def. didn't agree. She argued that it is one thing to think that you are, but for me to say so of myself was weird...I don't know, bc obviously I don't think it is. I feel like I'm pretty versatile in this sense because I can def. get along with a wide range of age groups. My fifteen year old sister and her friends: check, my friends all ranging in age from 18 to 25: check,my parent's friends: check! my grandma's friends: check!(And yes, we are really friends! I take her to her historical commissioners meetings once a month, and it has to be said that each month I already have a name tag waiting for me at the sign in table. Those old people love me! But what can I say, I think I was a pretty cool 60 year old woman in a past life). So I just guess I don't really see why it is weird that I think I am mature for my age...thoughts? I asked my mom this same question, and she said that I am still young but that I've experienced a lot...so that's probably why I feel that way. Her words exactly: "Well, look at it this way. Your mature in the sense that you've had the college experience, and you've always worked and been really responsible. But you never went through that whore stage, so that's good. Your mature that way too I guess". That whore stage? Who even knew that was a stage in life?! Haha, thanks mom! Glad I could make you proud by not being a whore. So just in case you were wondering...if you went through said stage, I guess you are not as mature as I:) Now here's another question. Can you be totally in love with High School Musical and Hannah Montana and still be mature? I argue yes! Now I understand as a 22 year old this is probably not completely acceptable to most, however, I like to think that this is just one more factor that makes me an incredibly qualified babysitter. I am around children a lot, so I think the fact that I like the same shows they do...only a plus! Like another great qualification in the job of life! "Hmmm we need a new babysitter...." "Look this one already likes the same movies! Hired"! It's really no different than you grown men playing video games all day...and I know you all think you are mature...and even with my love for Disney, I can guess that I am still a few years ahead of you:) Also, I've been really trying to figure this whole work thing out. I really think its time to cut back on the weekends! I mean we're going on year 7 of weekends, and at this point I'm over it! So yeah...I think that at this point, I actually have good reasons as to why being there on the weekends all the time, just isn't working for me. I absolutely love church, and so I don't want anything to get in the way of that, and I really want to actually go see my friends this semester! It doesn't help that they are all spread out College Station, Houston, Austin, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vegas...okay...not those last three, but still it would be nice to just have the option should I feel the need to randomly road trip it to see them!

0 comments: