CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Just When I Thought It Couldn't Get Worse...It Gets Better!

So the holidays are coming to a close, and I am really kind of upset about it all. I have had a lot of time off recently, which is always cause for some soul searching and self reflection for me. Now, I do this on a daily basis....analyze my life and where I am at...and well, things are looking up! For now anyway. I have been anxiously avoiding looking up my grades for the past month bc I have been so nervous! When I say I am a procrastinator...it is most def. an extreme understatement! I also love to focus on the positive, and by focus I mean totally avoiding any aspect of negativity at all costs! I really have not been able to fathom the idea of another disappointing semester, so I just completely shut it out of mind. I pretty much had to make a certain GPA this semester in order to register for next semester...blah blah blah! Well seeing as classes start in a week or so..I decided to be a big girl and just check them. I DID IT! I am officially back on track, and taking classes that actually pertain to my career choice. I cant even begin to explain the weight that has been lifted. I really don't think I could have handled being a loser for yet another semester! I have seriously been thinking about where I could move when my life falls apart, bc that is what it has felt like! For the past two years, I have just been stuck in this crazy place, and I really have felt like I was running out of options! And please don't take that comment wrong, bc I know school isn't for everyone...those of you not going, I envy you. I really do. I envy the ability to stand up and say, this is a better plan for me. I envy that you have such faith that you can pursue your dreams freely and openly! I wish I had the courage, but right now, I'm not there...so school is my only option! I have a million dreams I want to embark on, but I can't do it until I know I have satisfied my parent's dream for me...a college education. I have been trying to play catch up for three semesters now, and it's been really hard emotionally. Thank God my parents have been supportive, but I still feel like a disappointment to them. Financially, I am not equipped to pay for school myself, and so that has been weighing on my heart a lot. Graduation is no longer an idea, but a reality that is in the sort of near future..(about a year). Whew...I feel like I can breathe again! So this past few weeks has been amazing for the most part, despite one sucky situation...but one I can't do a lot about...so I'm putting it out of mind for now. All of my friends are home from school, and I love them...A LOT, so seeing everyone has been amazing! I am playing with the idea of finding a new job...as one of the current ones...not so great. I am actually kind of excited! It has needed to happen for a very long time now, and I am finally ready to be selfish. I don't really know what I am going to do in terms of employment right now....this is actually going to force me to budget~ YIKES! I know it is all in Gods hands, and so I'm really not trying to stress too hard. So now that you are mildly updated on the crazy life that I lead....I LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you for your comments, as you really have no idea how they help me through!:)
xoxo a

1 comments:

AmberDenae said...

Amber, I am so happy for you!!! I think it's amazing that you're going to finish your college education and I have full faith that you will do so with much perseverance! One more year and then you can embark on this crazy journey and you will be equipped by all that you have learned academically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally.

I wish I were as ahead of the game as you are. I immediately went to Bible college when I graduated High school. I honestly have thrown around the idea of going back to school a lot. It is really important and it makes a difference. I have a great job now but who knows what could happen in the long run.

Congrats to you and I wish you all the best!!

xo